Punkt was launched two years ago
21 • 05 • 20Péter Baki
An online photography magazine in Hungarian and English: when it was started two years ago, the editors felt Punkt filled a long-felt need by presenting the latest achievements in the photography of Hungary, the Central and East European region, and the world at large.
With 384 articles in Hungarian and 60 stories in English over the past two years, Punkt has become the most-read specialist journal of Hungarian photography—and that means both online and print magazines.
The focus of Punkt, however, extends beyond photography itself, and includes its connections with visual art and film. Our goal has remained the same: to apply professional standards but use an accessible style in our discussions of the art and the medium, as we bring quality content to both professional audiences and those in the public who are interested in photography.
The 5 most-read articles in English in the last two years:
- It’s a worldview to emigrate as an artist – an interview with Zoltán Tombor
- World-famous Hungarian acrobat shows never-before-seen photos by André Kertész
- They expect us to be pretty but I dare to be ugly
- Private Interest and Public Treasure 2.
- “You cannot exist in a hurry in here” – interview with Esther Horvath